Let’s face it, you need to get that app some attention for it to
be a success!
One of the most important tasks one must accomplish is not simply getting your app into the store, but in getting people to notice it. Here are six easy tips to getting your application noticed.
1. Use Twitter: Twitter can be an incredibly useful tool for getting your app noticed. It allows you to connect with your customers as well as for them to connect with you. Moreover, people with Twitter accounts are inherently tech savvy and are likely users of smart phones.
When using Twitter, make sure to remember that this is a business tool, not a personal news feed. That is, make sure you are connecting with your followers, but not bombarding them with useless information. Doing so will help you remain in contact with your current followers as well as attract new ones.
Finally, because Twitter is an acceptable and widely used social network it may be worthwhile to integrate Twitter into your application. This will allow users to essentially advertise for you and help your app get noticed.
2. Don’t Forget About the Forums: Online forums can be a great place to get your application noticed. This is because developers as well as iPhone users often use forums. By personally connecting with these types of individuals, you are able to create loyalty to your product which can be hightly valued. Indeed, forum users who enjoy are loyal to your application can provide you and your application with free viral advertising.
Check out websites like Touch Arcade and iPhone Dev SDK for useful and heavily used online app forums on.
3. Spread the Word: You may not have any experience in promotion, and that is okay. However, it is very important that you find someone who has some skills in advertising and networking. You can either use someone independently or outsource to a company like Appular, which can find ways to promote your application. Make sure you start early though, as advertisers need time to spread the word through various channels of blogs, journalists, and editors.
4. Secure a Creative Screenshots: People judge books by there cover, it is just a simple fact. Accordingly, they also will judge your application by the screenshot. A creative and high quality screenshot allows your users to know what your product is as well as to let them envisions what it is like to use your product. Moreover, by getting the screenshot out there early, you have easy advertising and promotion for getting your application noticed.
5. Think About What Makes Your App Desirable: This tip is incredibly important because it is what makes your application unique. You designed the app, now you need to identify why people should want to use it over the thousands of other applications. Then widely tout this feature and make it known through the various channels we have already discussed. Try to make it so that as soon as someone sees or reads about your application, they immediately understand why it exists and why they should want it.
6. Listen and Respond to Feedback: One final way to make sure that your application gets noticed is by responding to feedback and updating your application. By making the app better, both users and review websites will take notice. This provides you with more advertising as well as the benefit of having a more desirable app.
For example, check out application in the iPhone store and note how often they are updated. This is because they are striving or relevance and to remain noteworthy. You need to do the same with your app.
These are few simple tips that you can use to get your application noticed. Don’t worry if you are unable to implement them all, however they can all be very useful on the road towards making your app successful.
Tags: android app marketing, app attention, app marketing, App Predictions, app promotion, apps development, Create iPhone app, Future of Apps, iphone app development, iphone app promotion, iphone apps marketing, iPhone design mock, marketing mobile apps, mobile apps marketing, mobile marketing, promotion iphone app